Tags: awesome companies we admire cuteness design engineers with style
At the start of our monitor adventure, most of my baby-product knowledge came from two sources: babysitting/nannying and my extremely large family. However, I’ve been out of the baby universe for a while, and my intel was quite out of date. Thus, when we started digging around the baby product world, I was super excited to find some amazing companies who made me go “WOW!”. This list is by no means exhaustive, but it’s who we (as a team) have found to be most inspiring when it comes to design.
- Kiinde: Kiinde is another engineering-centered baby product company. It’s hard to find companies who come to the infant space with hard engineering background, but Kiinde has done an awesome job of merging their mega technical know-how with simple, highly functional, appealing design. And, they’re great guys.
- Magnificent Baby: MB took ease of dressing babies to another level with their magnet-snap apparel. Not only does it make the process so much easier, they also have cute patterns and a neat-o logo (and call their bodysuits “burritos”, which is both awesome and hilarious). They’re also a great team.
- 4Moms: I mean, really. These guys brought everything baby and parenting to the next level. Seriously. From the Origami to the Mamaroo, this company has got baby-tech down pat. Their products are both technically complicated (self-folding, iPhone-charging strollers!) but simple, their design aesthetic is clean and modern, and they too were started by engineers. In short, we love it.
- Zutano: Cutest, most adorable patterns for baby clothes. Period. We. Love. Them.
- Aden + Anais: We had no clue that swaddles were such a huge trend now, but after we got our hands on Aden + Anais’s supersoft and ubercute muslin swaddles, we saw why they’ve taken off. We seriously wish they made them for grown-ups.
- Bugaboo: Makers of the ultra-luxury stroller, the original high-end baby product, Bugaboo changed the game for everyone who thought that the Diaper Genie was the apex of infant-product innovation. Yeah, their prices are high, but their design is no joke and they’re still an elite brand all these years later.
This is just the tip of the iceberg – there are so, so many more companies that could be listed here (I want to buy everything 3 Sprouts makes for my nieces and nephews). But, it’s been amazing to see how the baby space has transformed over the last decade. These companies have set the bar extremely high for design value, but we look forward to rising to the challenge and making the Peeko not only highly functional but also stylish (and cute, since just we can’t resist).